Pages: [1]
Jazzop
BAM!ID: 15153
Credits: 36,846,585
World-rank: 21,252

2014-12-29 21:45:03

I use BAM to control the computing preferences of all my hosts. I noticed recently that some of the hosts are not observing the BAM settings, despite having cleared the local preferences. I noticed this when the computer did not pause BOINC when using the mouse/keyboard. I dug a little deeper and noticed that a multiprocessor machine was using a different number of CPUs than I had specified. I once again cleared local preferences and forced the hosts to synchroniz with BAM, but this problem has occurred at random intervals in the past week.

BOINC v7.4.27
Win7 or newer machines
No custom cc_config files in use
noderaser

BAM!ID: 13859
Credits: 254,551,226
World-rank: 5,628

2014-12-30 01:09:18

There's a possibility that we are experiencing the same issue, have a look at my thread here:
http://boincstats.com/en/forum/18/9222,1

As yet unresolved, but there is a "workaround" by editing the preferences to your liking at one of your projects, BOINC Manager should pay attention to the newest set of preferences. I wasn't sure if this issue was still occurring, but I just got a new laptop and am having the issue with it.
Jazzop
BAM!ID: 15153
Credits: 36,846,585
World-rank: 21,252

2015-01-05 18:25:57

noderaser wrote:

There's a possibility that we are experiencing the same issue, have a look at my thread here:
http://boincstats.com/en/forum/18/9222,1

As yet unresolved, but there is a "workaround" by editing the preferences to your liking at one of your projects, BOINC Manager should pay attention to the newest set of preferences. I wasn't sure if this issue was still occurring, but I just got a new laptop and am having the issue with it.

Sounds like the same issue. The problem with your workaround is that there are only three different preference sets available through the project websites (home, work, & school). I have several host-specific preference packages built in BAM. I would have to merge several of my hosts to a single preference package, which is not as nuanced as I require. Looks like I am going to have to write some cc_config files or something. It's frustrating because my hosts are not all in the same location, so I really need remote management.
Pages: [1]

Index :: BAM! General :: BAM computing preferences not respected by local hosts
Reason: