Pages: [1]

2015-06-08 02:58:43

The list of projects under "BAM:BOINCstats settings" lists projects like for example: 3x+1, Hash Clash, Zivis just to name a few of many projects. The list gives an option to Show in Menu. It does not appear to do anything by activating it by clicking it or not, the project still shows up in the menu. The question is which menu. Since they are old dead projects, by clicking on the project name, the link does not work for it comes up with: "Not found"

What is the purpose of this listing?

Willy, you have mentioned a number of times that you only have some time during the weekend to check and or fix problems/suggestions on this site. I offered my help in keeping the projects's Active/Retired list up to date. Whilst I might not poses the necessary trust/expertise to help maintaining your site up to date, I said that I was willing to learn what needs to be done. I am sure others are more qualified to do so and all you have to do is ask. This site has a lot of tools to offer to volunteers to help them in seeing the overall picture of their effort. I note that others that suggested improvements and or found bugs have not even received acknowledgement from you assuming because you had no time. Ask for help and I am sure the right person will reply.
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,519

2015-06-08 06:28:59

After clicking the checkbox the result is immediately stored and should have effect on the next pageload. It does not work so I'll have a look at that.

The "cry" for help was done here but there were no takers.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.

2015-06-08 09:14:22

[BOINCstats Willy wrote:

After clicking the checkbox the result is immediately stored and should have effect on the next pageload. It does not work so I'll have a look at that.

The "cry" for help was done here but there were no takers.

I am sorry to hear that you had no takers in your request for help. I must have missed that post. Never the less, I am offering help no matter how small it might be. I have stated that I am not a developer although do posses some knowledge of a language that is not appropriate to here but would be of a benefit. Tell me what I need to learn in a PM for I am committed to make this the best up to date BOINCStats that is available. One of my pet hate is for projects not informing volunteers what is going on in their projects. I submit that if they do not care to do so whilst the software for the project allows them to do so do not deserve my time and cost for the equipment and electricity costs that I am paying and accordingly, I wish to warn users not to follow such projects. This can only be done if our site is up to date as much as possible to be considered current.
Pages: [1]

Index :: BAM! General :: ? Purpose of "BAM::BOINCstats settings"
Reason: