Pages: [1]
Jolly Jack Dusty
BAM!ID: 117271
Credits: 4,332,021
World-rank: 91,557

2015-06-07 08:07:45

I appologise if this has been asked before; I have searched but cannot find the answer.

I am now getting a notice from BOINCstatsBAM that my user is not found or my password is wrong. The latest entry from the event log is inluded. I can log into my account online and each of my projects individually. Where is the BAM! password file in my computer so I can check it?

07/06/2015 08:33:19 | BOINCstatsBAM! | Message from account manager: User not found or password wrong.

2015-06-07 22:15:08
last modified: 2015-06-07 22:20:26

Jolly Jack Dusty wrote:

I appologise if this has been asked before; I have searched but cannot find the answer.

I am now getting a notice from BOINCstatsBAM that my user is not found or my password is wrong. The latest entry from the event log is inluded. I can log into my account online and each of my projects individually. Where is the BAM! password file in my computer so I can check it?

07/06/2015 08:33:19 | BOINCstatsBAM! | Message from account manager: User not found or password wrong.

I am not sure if my answer here will be of much help but I am answering as there are no other answers to your questions to date. The direct answer is that go to "Account preferences" in the Main menu and change your credentials. However, in order to get there you need to provide a user name and password that BOINCStats will recognize. In amplifying that:

BOINC Projects software and I presume BOINCStats follow a standard procedure. Nothing is ever perfect or remain the same. Due to the intricacies of the cyberworld and our own forgetful nature sometimes un-explainable results will follow. However, generally speaking there is a system of safeguarding ones credentials. If you have changed your email address, user name or password on a project directly and you might have forgot to change it in BOINCStats than there appears to be a mismatch in your credentials (this applies to the majority of projects) and BOINCStats will question your status. You have an option to be notified of your accepted credentials by using the email address that you have provided to BOINCStats in the past. Following the prompts in the email that you will receive you than can change your password and or email address as needed. The security of BOINCStats is based on what you have supplied to BOINCStats and it is a combination of user name, email address and password.. From that combination BOINStat software can follow your URL etc and determine that you are who you say you are.

I hope that helps. If not, I am sorry but that is the best help that I can provide. Good luck.
Pages: [1]

Index :: BAM! General :: Password snags
Reason: