Pages: [1]
Yavanius
BAM!ID: 180363
Credits: 24,392,705
World-rank: 28,523

2017-06-04 17:40:22
last modified: 2017-06-04 17:51:17

Not sure if this is related to jjch's bug report...

This has happened twice. Just a short time ago I did an update on a client to BAM and it repeated what it did last night in adding a number of projects that aren't in the group and I verified are not selected to connect in the master list (My projects).

BAM added on GCC, Amicable, Stop, and duchamp. Of these, I had chosen GCC. The other 3 didn't touch. I know I've never touched these because this is for my Android devices and none of these support Android.

What was interesting that I noticed last night and now was that of those projects appearing, the resource share was simply blank. I tried resetting them all to default last night to see if BAM would update itself knowing that sometimes if you modify something that'll trigger a proper update. No luck.

In fact, I had to disable BAM (which isn't disable, it's a remove) from the client and then reattach last night. I did try removing from the group and when I did I saw viewing the host that those projects suddenly were marked as attached. I've had this problem before of phantom connections.

I now reset all the default resource values and unselected GCC and it removed GCC but the other 3 are still there...

I don't like disabling on Android because then the client doesn't think those projects are part of BAM (they are listed before BAM and I can interact with them just as if they weren't part of BAM. I can't remember if they'll still respond to BAM updates...
Yavanius

2017-06-04 18:07:25
last modified: 2017-06-04 18:20:08

I had a thought: global detaching the project. That works.

I'm wondering if there is a bug upon attaching to a new project that is globally setting something even though it doesn't appear although I don't know why it's not doing it on the auto only on the manual update...

I also noticed something else. I reset all the Resource Share and it shows they are all Project default. When I reload the group I have blank entries again for the following projects:

Amicable, AndersonAttack, DrugDiscovery, Duchamp, STOP, and Xansons.

Now, STOP was the one I globally detached, but apparently something is still affecting it as it's not resetting (or something is undoing it, I can't tell from my side). I also tried manually setting -1 with the same result. In fact, it won't hold ANY value and setting the value on the My projects page doesn't seem to affect it either. I modified it, blank, tried setting in the group again, still blank...
Yavanius

2017-06-20 05:22:46

I banged around with the group settings for 10-15 minutes and Group settings are STILL NOT being copied to the hosts to the group. I keep having phantom projects popping.

I tried removing them from the groups this time and then clearing them all manually (there should be a feature to connect all or disconnect all for a host). I added the host back in and BAM disconnected all the projects except WUProp from the host. I then went through and deselected the projects and then reselected the projects. Then finally BAM passed on the correct settings.

BAM is not correctly overwriting the host settings. Not only is it allowing projects not in the groups it also is ignoring projects that are in the group.
Yavanius

2017-08-01 01:39:38

Yavanius wrote:

BAM is not correctly overwriting the host settings. Not only is it allowing projects not in the groups it also is ignoring projects that are in the group.

This is still an issue.
Pages: [1]

Index :: BAM! Bug Report :: BAM is passing on unselected projects to devices
Reason: