Tuna Ertemalp

Tester
BAM!ID: 37744
Credits: 20,799,048,922
World-rank: 233

2015-03-29 20:58:43
last modified: 2015-03-29 21:01:32

Go to Search Forum

Type a username into the "Only posts by user" box, like mine (including the proper capitalization) "Tuna Ertemalp", but do NOT click anywhere and do NOT hit TAB and do NOT hit ENTER when you are done.

Direct your eyes on the username you just typed so that you don't miss what is coming up.

Click on SEARCH. (You will get the same problem described below if you were to just hit ENTER while the cursor is still blinking in the name box, making this a likely problem to run into)

Watch as "Tuna Ertemalp" becomes "3774 (Tuna Ertemalp)", stays there a while, then goes back to "Tuna Ertemalp", and the search results are way too many and wrong.

Now try the same, but hit TAB after you type "Tuna Ertemalp" and before you click SEARCH. The username box will become "37744 (Tuna Ertemalp)" and will stay like that, thus giving the correct results.

I have also tested this behaviour with the Keywords box, and that one seems to work fine: whether or not you get out of that box after you typed your keywords, the search respects what you have typed.

While on the subject: The username seems to be case sensitive. If I type "tuna ertemalp", even if I hit TAB before SEARCH, I don't get any conversion to "37744 (Tuna Ertemalp)", thus no results. Are the BOINCstats usernames really case sensitive? Can there really be multiple accounts on BOINCstats under the names Joe, JOE, joe, JoE, jOe, JOe etc.??

2015-04-06 14:37:38

Tuna Ertemalp wrote:

While on the subject: The username seems to be case sensitive. If I type "tuna ertemalp", even if I hit TAB before SEARCH, I don't get any conversion to "37744 (Tuna Ertemalp)", thus no results. Are the BOINCstats usernames really case sensitive? Can there really be multiple accounts on BOINCstats under the names Joe, JOE, joe, JoE, jOe, JOe etc.??

yes,
case sensitive
so the more letters the more combo of userid
why do you think I ended up with NATE1 and not nate1 or Nate1
because all the others, were rejected as in use at the time....
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,518

2015-04-09 07:00:20
last modified: 2015-04-09 07:01:53

I do not see anything happen with the contents of the "Only posts by user" field after it changes to "37744 (Tuna Ertemalp)". It stays that way. Maybe I do not understand the problem correctly. Tested it in Chrome and IE.

I get 26 results which seems ok.

So, used the search after that to find your profile post and then the problem happened to me as well and got 100 results. So it doesn't happen all the time which are very nice bugs to kill.

Usernames are case sensitive because there are projects which use this and BAM! has to comply with this.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
Tuna Ertemalp

Tester
BAM!ID: 37744
Credits: 20,799,048,922
World-rank: 233

2015-04-09 07:07:45

Thanks for looking at this. How fun! However, as long as the blinking cursor still is blinking in the username field, clicking on SEARCH repro's this for me 100% of the time. I tried 5-6 times using my name, then yours, in Chrome, and every single time I saw the username change to the one with the user#, then back to just the username, giving me 100 results.

Bummer about the username casing. I guess BOINC should have enforced a few things from the start... Too late now.

Tuna

[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,518

2015-04-09 07:08:49

There is a lot of legacy in BOINC and a few projects which did a custom implementation. Complying with all of them causes some friction here and there.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
Pages: [1]

Index :: BOINCstats Bug Report :: Slight problem with searching forum by poster's name
Reason: