Pages: [1]

2013-02-07 22:48:35

This project has been down for 1087 days, that is close to 3 years. I would like to remove this from the active projects and move it to retired as it is certainly not active. If Mr Anderson wishes it to be active again, than move it back at that time to active.

2013-05-27 06:58:32

Cruncher Pete wrote:

This project has been down for 1087 days, that is close to 3 years. I would like to remove this from the active projects and move it to retired as it is certainly not active. If Mr Anderson wishes it to be active again, than move it back at that time to active.

There has not been a reply to this problem despite I have waited three months. The project has now have not reported an XML update for 1195 days. Surely, this should now be in the inactive folder. Is there a guide or policy as to how long it will remain in the Active folder.

Personally, I hate inactive projects cluttering up my stats when clearly they are not active after three years. Please change it to inactive. Just because it belongs to Dave Anderson, it does not mean you should keep it active forever...I would also like to see some sort of policy how long can you stay as ACTIVE.
Aurimas

BAM!ID: 84116
Credits: 2,017,154,905
World-rank: 1,249

2013-05-29 10:17:12

Agree with You.

Also here are more project, which are offline for long time.

I attached DG@Putra, Ideologias@Home, Pirates@Home, Spinhenge@Home, Virtual Prairie projects to Boinc Manager and all not initialized for months...

Here also are Magnetism at home and Simone@Home - I newer got any WUs.

I can't understand why here are Sustainable grid with 220 credits in total for all BOINC users and DG@Putra with 5335 credits at all...
SciTechGrid*
BAM!ID: 58896
Credits: 448,709,012
World-rank: 3,780

2013-06-01 13:24:35
last modified: 2013-06-01 13:53:42

BOINC Alpha Test is only for testing the BOINC software, it doesnt send out any work anymore so could be retired.

DG@Putra's site is down, so either they are working on the hardware or its finished.

Ideologias@Home says on their front page

"There will be no more work available until analysis of the results is completed." but that was 2 years ago

Pirates@Home & Virtual Prairie only have work for short periods and then have long periods of inactivity.

On the Spinhenge@Home forum was posted on 27 Jan 2013

"Yes, the project is still alive! We are currently undergoing a major change in the software architecture. I was able to hire a post graduate student who will help me in doing all the programming. We expect to be online with a new version of Spinhenge (called Spinhenge 2.0) in July this year. My original plan was to do this much earlier, but it was very hard to find some money for paying a student. The new version will be able to handle much more complicated systems.

You are right, I have to publish more news on the website."

We will have to wait until July to see about that one.
Coleslaw
BAM!ID: 60911
Credits: 4,200,749,425
World-rank: 723

2013-06-03 15:51:46

Virtual Prairie has gone 2 years with no work and they also don't respond to communications via forums, pm's, or even emails. (At least none that I have seen or attempted.)

BOINC Alpha really should be taken down since it really is pointless (pun intended) at this period in time. Everyone participating in Alpha testing pretty much just relays the info to the developers directly and thus points no longer occur.

Ideologias at least communicates with you in their forums to let you know they are still alive with intentions and developments.

Pirates gets work on the very rare occasion, and it has been less then a year since the last batch of work.
Pages: [1]

Index :: The Projects :: BOINC Alpha Test
Reason: