Pages: [1]
Jayargh

BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 325
Credits: 16,716,129
World-rank: 37,106

2008-09-24 02:03:44

Since many of my friends are not a part of SOFA-Boincstats team forum closed to the public,I figured I would post some pics I took when I got home yesterday. We still have no power but I have a 550 watt generator powering what else? hehe 3 hosts ,the TV and a window AC unit. Despite all the damage to the property we are amazingly lucky that there was only minor roof damage to the house and none to 2 large metal Morgan Buildings. The satellite dishes (TV and Internet) mounted next to the house still worked and were still pointed correctly! I figure we took sustained winds 100-110 mph for 8 hrs about 20 miles from the eye.My 2 sons and some friends are coming this weekend to help clear some of the debris which is welcome help.

I will go out tomorrow and take some pics of local devastation and post em for ya'll...quite amazing.

This tree was 60 ft tall
There is a palm tree buried under all that
My front deck and house through the debris
Palm trees do well in hurricanes
More debris and fallen trees
Jayargh

BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 325
Credits: 16,716,129
World-rank: 37,106

2008-09-24 15:07:28

My yard and my previously beautiful Elm now shredded on my palm.
Mobile home at beginning of our street....hope no one was in there.
A few blocks down our major road.
Down the street.
Down the street from the other side.

We live on a dead end street about 6 blocks long ending at a bayou. We live 2 blocks in. The destruction down the road about 2 more blocks toward the end may prevent us from getting power soon....hope not....I spotted 2 power poles down and there are wires everywhere in trees and on the ground.
Pages: [1]

Index :: BOINCstats Cafe :: IKE damage on my property
Reason: