Pages: [1]
chinookfoehn
BAM!ID: 44214
Credits: 162,599,944
World-rank: 7,643

2012-05-17 12:56:10

It will take some getting used to but I think it is very interesting.

However, I tend to keep several pages open covering combined totals and a couple of my projects as well as projects announcements.
Now I have the following problems:

1. I can not stay logged in on most pages. Indeed it took me 6 attempts to get to the forum.
2. Even though I am logged in on this page, most pages now show "http://boincstats.com/error/404", no matter how many times I attempt to log in.
3. Set your credit and set your target need to be re-entered every time I go to the page they are on - most of the time.

Hopefully, in the next few weeks, things will work out for the better, but it is frustrating to tab to somewhere and then have to log back in again.

All the best with your new re-design.

-ChinookFöhn
[BOINCstats] Willy

Forum moderator - Administrator - Developer - Tester - Translator
BAM!ID: 1
Credits: 350,105,499
World-rank: 4,518

2012-05-17 12:59:54

Personally I have no problems logging in on staying logged in. This was not an issue reporting by the beta-testers either.

Can you give me the exact urls that give you problems?
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
TeeVeeEss
  Donator
Tester - Translator - BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 2648
Credits: 12,640,776,296
World-rank: 313

2012-05-17 13:08:12

You should probably delete your old BOINC-stats bookmarks and make new ones for your favorite pages.
chinookfoehn

2012-05-17 13:14:40
last modified: 2012-05-17 13:24:29

I'm using Firefox, and I had 4 or 5 tabs open last night. The main page for BoincSTATS, so I could monitor project announcements, my totals page, and for Docking and Poem.

I could not log in on the main page but I could for my total but not Poem and Docking.

I entered credit targets on the main pages and then started flipping through the tabs Best 10-days, Charts, etc. (By-the-by, why does it show me as being a resident of The Netherlands when I chose to be International? It does show the UN flag though.)

After this, I could log into the Docking and Poem pages - but I had to log in.
I tried the main page, to go to the forum, but I kept getting the 403 error. I had to to enter the forum via my totals page, using ctrl-click and then I still had to re-enter my name and password several times.

I also found that if I refresh my totals or Docking of POEM pages, the targets disappear but if I go to, say Best Ten Days and then go back, the targets re-appear.

I'm wondering if it is some sort of cookies problem?

I've now got close to 10 tabs open being reluctant to close any where I am logged in, not wanting to have to log in again.

-ChinookFöhn

[EDIT] I went and wiped out the boincstats.com cookie and it seems to be working better now that it is being recreated. Shall keep trying the site during the day but I must leave for now. All the best.
[BOINCstats] Willy

2012-05-17 13:24:40

chinookfoehn wrote:

I'm using Firefox, and I had 4 or 5 tabs open last night. The main page for BoincSTATS, so I could monitor project announcements, my totals page, and for Docking and Poem.

The site was updated since then. You were logged out because the new site uses a new system for sessions.

chinookfoehn wrote:

I could not log in on the main page but I could for my total but not Poem and Docking.

I don't understand. You could not log in, but you could log in to see your totals, but you can't log in for Poem and Docking?

chinookfoehn wrote:

I entered credit targets on the main pages and then started flipping through the tabs Best 10-days, Charts, etc. (By-the-by, why does it show me as being a resident of The Netherlands when I chose to be International? It does show the UN flag though.)

Residency should show correctly, I'll investigate.

chinookfoehn wrote:

After this, I could log into the Docking and Poem pages - but I had to log in.
I tried the main page, to go to the forum, but I kept getting the 403 error. I had to to enter the forum via my totals page, using ctrl-click and then I still had to re-enter my name and password several times.

URLs of the 403 pages please.

chinookfoehn wrote:

I also found that if I refresh my totals or Docking of POEM pages, the targets disappear but if I go to, say Best Ten Days and then go back, the targets re-appear.

Probably a caching issue. I'll check that out.

chinookfoehn wrote:

I'm wondering if it is some sort of cookies problem?

BS only uses a cookie for your sessionID, and one cookie if you want the browser to log you in automatically.

chinookfoehn wrote:

I've now got close to 10 tabs open being reluctant to close any where I am logged in, not wanting to have to log in again.

Maybe you should just do that, to have a fresh start.
Please do not PM, IM or email me for support (they will go unread/ignored). Use the forum for support.
chinookfoehn

2012-05-17 13:33:24

I just closed all the other tabs but this one and shall close this one after my reply.
I just noticed that in the Docking Page I am shown as a resident of India and in the POEM page as a resident of Chile. I gather it is a random selection.

-ChinookFöhn
chinookfoehn

2012-05-17 19:49:51

A quick update.

After a couple of glitches it seems I am, now, remaining logged in.

Thanks for correcting the "International" for resident - for individual projects. I checked some active, non-active, and retired. Alas, for my Boinc Combined Totals Page, it now shows me as being a resident of The United States of America. I know the United Nations is headquartered in New York City but I am not a U.S. citizen.

A quick question regarding my Boinc Combined Project Listing... It will no longer show my Boinc Combined Total in the listing?

On the whole, I very much like the new site though I much prefer the way the daily/weekly/monthly increases/decreases were located on the old Project Listings.

Congratulations on your new look.

-ChinookFöhn
Curly
BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 2588
Credits: 184,486,962
World-rank: 7,042

2012-05-17 20:13:33

chinookfoehn wrote:

A quick question regarding my Boinc Combined Project Listing... It will no longer show my Boinc Combined Total in the listing?

That's a good idea to include BOINC Combined Credits in project list.
chinookfoehn

2012-05-17 20:17:22

Thank you for the quick fix regarding International "citizenship".

-ChinookFöhn
[BOINCstats] Willy

2012-05-28 17:12:05

Curly wrote:

chinookfoehn wrote:

That's a good idea to include BOINC Combined Credits in project list.

Added this to the list, fixed in the first row.
Pages: [1]

Index :: BOINCstats Bug Report :: Comments on new site
Reason: